Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Answer to Everything: More Jesus

I remember when I was going through basic training in the military, the guy who bunked next to me was able to get his boots to shine like mirrors. I would be shining my boots and ask him, "hey man, what do I need to do to get my boots to shine more?" I asked him that question over and over and over again. His reponse was the same every time...MORE POLISH. This brings me to today. There's no question the world we are living in is sick and dying. Things are really bad for many people. It's been my experience, that no matter what is going on in life, the answer to my problem is always the same: MORE JESUS. If you feel terrible, if the weight of the world is on your shoulders, guess what you need? MORE JESUS. Spend more time in prayer, more time in the word of God. Spend time with Jesus, alone, until HE LIFTS THE WEIGHT off you. He will bring you peace quickly, and the answer to your problem when He's ready. That might be today, or next year, it depends on your problem, your relationship with him, and his judgement.

This makes life pretty simple. It does'nt matter what the problem is, the answer is always the same: MORE JESUS. Things are going to get bad for this world, very bad. Look at where we are now, its bad, but we have'nt seen anything yet. Should you be troubled? NO. Fear not, your answer is "in Christ." If he does'nt take care of you, your goose is already cooked, but if he is watching over you, what do you have to worry about? I've seen it over and over again in my life. Man o'man have I screwed some things up...ROYALLY, and yet he's saved me from my own stupidity again and again. Each act of mercy on his part has drawn me in closer to him. I'd like to think that I won't disappoint him again the way I have in the past. My point is, he has been my answer, EVERY TIME. He has never failed me, EVER, and I am the least of my brothers. I can only imagine what he will do for you. Time is short, keep the faith, he's your answer. love, grace and peace