Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More Bad News for OSAS

The bible says that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. It also says not to fear men who can kill your physical body, but to fear him who can throw both body and soul into hell. Here's where OSAS-once saved always saved comes in.

OSAS is one of satan's masterpieces. It's destructive in so many ways I can't count them all, but here's another way it shows itself as a doctrine of devils: it completely NEGATES THE FEAR OF THE LORD.

Talk to an OSAS believer and they'll say "dude, what's there to fear? I MADE A DECISION MAN! I can never be lost!" OSAS flushes the fear of the Lord down the drain.

Luke 12:4 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him

If its true that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the fear of the Lord is flushed down the drain by OSAS, what happens to wisdom? It goes down the drain too. Very clever.

OSAS says you don't need obedience, you don't need faith, you don't have to overcome, you don't have to persevere, you don't have to remain "in Christ" basically you can take about 3/4 of the commands in the bible and white them out of your bible as unnecessary, once OSAS is accepted. Satan's masterpiece indeed. I wonder what Jesus is going to say to the people who teach this doctrine on judgement day.

Yea, I made a decision for Jesus a long time ago, but I also strive for obedience, I test myself to determine if I'm still in the faith. Test myself? Why bother? OSAS tells me that I've 'made a decision' so GAME OVER BABY! Maybe Paul was misguided when he wrote:
2 Corinthians 13:5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith;
... Test yourselves! You know, don't you, that Jesus the Messiah lives in you? ... Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves!

The fear of the Lord IS the beginning of wisdom, so anything that would diminish that 'fear of the Lord' would make you a fool, right?

grace and peace