Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Negative Negative Negative

The people who have all their hope in this world, think people like me are pretty negative. I look forward to the end of the world as we know it, why? The kingdom I belong to is not of this world. The bible says we are aliens and strangers here, I believe it, I feel it. This world is not our home. Our king has'nt taken over this world yet, but we really really want him to. Do people ever listen to what they are praying when they pray the Lord's prayer? Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, remember? If we are praying for his kingdom to come, and his will to be done, it means we should be finished with the kingdoms of this world, turn your back on them.

Watching the world fall apart around us leads me to believe that our Fathers kingdom IS COMING. The world still has to go through the tribulation yet, so we have some time to wait, however, for some who are counted worthy, there is an escape promised (Luke 21:36). Yep, I'm an escapist, Jesus told me to pray that I may be one. The financial collapse we are seeing these days would make a dandy 'coming out' party for the anti-christ. That means the escape could be very near. Nothing needs to happen between today and when Jesus shows up for us. He could come today. Be watching, be ready. The hard times we see in the world should lift your chin up, not sink it down. Look up for your redemption draws nigh. Blessed will be the servants who are found watching when our master appears.
p.s.
I've got some kind of crud/sickness I'm fighting right now and I'm supposed to go on a trip this weekend. Would you please say a quick prayer for me so I can shake this thing :-) grace and peace
grace and peace.