Tuesday, August 04, 2009

A Simple Message

Psalm1:1Blessed is the man
who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
or stand in the way of sinners
or sit in the seat of mockers.
2But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

3He is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither.
Whatever he does prospers.

This is what the Lord has been speaking to me for some time now and he is still speaking it to me today. What is he saying?

1. We are to find our delight in him.
2. We are to meditate on his word day and night.

Thats it. There is a simplicity in Christ that eludes many people. Less is more. Our Lord tells us that his yoke is easy and his burden is light.

Matthew 11:30
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

I have spent time with the Lord in his word and on me knees with my face to the ground seeking his face and asking that I might contribute something to your edification today. What you read above is it. As I write this the Holy Spirit just prompted me to add one more thing. Realize how incredibly, amazingly, beyond what your mind can comprehed, you are loved. You are a dearly loved people. We are to seek the face of our Father who loves us. We are to delight ourselves in him. We are to stay in his word.

Grace and peace and the amazing love of Jesus be with you today. Blessed be his name.