Saturday, August 15, 2009

Speaking to Each Other

I have noticed over the past weeks/months that much of what the Lord would have me speak to you comes directly from the Psalms. Sometimes the Holy Spirit tells us what to do and why we are doing it, sometimes he just tells us what to do. In the case of what has been written on this blog over the past weeks it was "what" first, and "why" second.

Here's what the Lord showed me about all this material coming from Psalms lately:

Ephesians 5:19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I wonder if this is how it all ends...the true bride of Christ goes out of the world (escape from all-luke 21:36) singing songs of praise to God, speaking to each other in grace filled words (psalms) while the world plunges headfirst into oblivion with mutterings and cursings on their lips. Doesn't seem too far fetched to me, I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Grace and peace