Friday, March 28, 2008

In the Most of Them God Was Not Well Pleased

1Cor10:1 And I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, 2 and all to Moses were baptized in the cloud, and in the sea; 3 and all the same spiritual food did eat, 4 and all the same spiritual drink did drink, for they were drinking of a spiritual rock following them, and the rock was the Christ; 5 but in the most of them God was not well pleased, for they were strewn in the wilderness,
6 and those things became types of us, for our not passionately desiring evil things, as also these did desire.

It's this kind of stuff in the bible that should slap us awake. God was not pleased with most of the israelites and they were types OF US. When I read things like this in the bible it becomes very clear to me what the FEAR OF GOD is...He's no respecter of persons.

Like Paul said..1 Cor 9:24 have ye not known that those running in a race -- all indeed run, but one doth receive the prize? so run ye, that ye may obtain; 25 and every one who is striving, is in all things temperate; these, indeed, then, that a corruptible crown they may receive, but we an incorruptible; 26 I, therefore, thus run, not as uncertainly, thus I fight, as not beating air; 27 but I chastise my body, and bring it into servitude, lest by any means, having preached to others -- I myself may become disapproved.

That one statement above is enough to torpedo the entire "once saved always saved" heresy that wolves in sheeps clothing like to preach. My point here is even Paul was constantly taking a good hard look at himself all the time. We are not "saved" until we check out of this world, until then it's all about this :Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Time is short and this is such serious business we are talking about here. What's more important than the salvation of your soul? Grace and Peace