Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Remembering and Passover

It has been written here over the past couple days that one of the things the Lord is speaking to us today is that we need to remember what he has done. Over and over again we are told to remember. Remember what he has done in your life. I have had my own "crossing the red sea" experiences with the Lord and I am to remember them daily. Remembering what He has done leads us into thanks and praise, and thanks and praise leads us into his presence.

Soon, in 9 days that is, we will be at passover. We need to remember what the Lord did for our brothers in Egypt, what he did for us on the cross, and how in the near future, the coming destruction will "passover" us as well. This generation specifically has been given promises. Pray that you may be counted worthy to escape all thats about to happen and stand before the Son of man. Why pray that? Because only Noah's family and the animals were counted worthy to escape in the ark, and only Lot and his family were counted worthy to escape Sodom.

So many people take for granted what is written. They've heard sugar coated words from their hired hand pastors for so long now that its inconceivable to them that they could be left behind. In addition to this, there are people calling themselves "mid-trib, pre-wrath, and post-trib" who willfully deny the word of the Lord that he can and will show up any hour any day, to include today. They deny he will show up today, they refuse to pray for escape from all because they do not believe there is an escape from all, once again, ignoring the word of God in favor of their pet doctrines. I sincerely think there will be a price for that thinking and teaching and the price will be high.

The destruction coming on this world will show up from so many different angles all at once, that people will be overwhelmed. People are stocking up on food and guns, but what about stocking up on prayers to the Most High God? The bible tells us that if the Lord does not watch over the city, the watchmen watch in vain. The sense I have today is there is a withdrawl taking place. The Lord has been on this topic with me of bringing the focus in off of all the things happening in the world. The watchmen have done their job. The world has been warned, for years now. I hear the noise of bags being packed and luggage being stacked for the exodus. In our case, the escape.

Only the Lord knows how many days we have left here. Passover starts in 9 days. Moses went into the Ark on May 11th of this year (the anniversary of the event). Why do I bring that up? The Lord said just as in the days of Noah and Lot, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of man. Just like that. I am convinced that when this escape happens, we will look back on it and say "WOW...Lord, you said just like the days of Noah and Lot and you were'nt kidding.." Does that mean the Lord will show up on May 11th, who knows? What I do know is that the walls that have protected humanity from the power of evil for lifetimes, is now crumbling. The barbarians are at the gate, only this time its not human barbarians, this time they are demonic.

Those who will be counted worthy of the escape are preparing today for it. Those who will go into the time of Jacob's trouble are also preparing for it today. Death on a scale unimaginable is coming to this world very soon. As I pass by the masses of people each day I think to myself how grievous it is that most will not make it through the narrow gate that leads to life. They have been lied to, and they have believed and even loved the lies. I realize that I am nothing special, but I am loved. I realize that I could have been one of them, and if I don't watch myself carefully I still could be one of them. The "them" i refer to are those on the broad path that leads to destruction. The death of the wicked brings no joy to our Lord so it should not bring joy to us. What troubles me most is this thing the Lord keeps in the center of my mind at all times, which is: all the people who think they are "saved" yet they don't "know him" (Jesus).

Matt 7:21 tells us that many will say "Lord Lord" to him on that day and he will send them away with a rebuke saying "I never knew you." I cannot imagine anything worse than being told by Jesus "I never knew you." My heart shatters in a million pieces when I imagine the scene that will be that day. Where are the servants of the Lord today who are taking people by the shoulders and shaking them saying "WAKE UP...ONLY A FEW WILL MAKE IT." Nobody wants to hear it but everybody HAS TO HEAR IT. Why? Because Jesus, not me, sent that warning in his word, which like so many other things in the word of God, are hopped, skipped and jumped over as "inconvenient" for church growth, "tithes and offerings," the "pastor's" popularity etc etc etc.

People say "we were'nt given a spirit of fear so I'm not listening!" That's great, but they better figure out soon what the fear of the Lord means. Matt 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. <---that was written to YOU

Psalm 111:10
... The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all thosewho do His commandments;

You don't even start to know what wisdom is until you "get" the fear of the Lord.

Proverbs 9:10
... The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy Oneis understanding. ... The knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

You have no idea what understanding is until you KNOW HIM. Knowing Jesus Christ in an intimate relationship is how you get wisdom and understanding. These people who have the religious man-made, canned and packaged "degrees" are running about today chasing each others tails, around and around they go with "experts" on opposite sides of every argument, and none of them getting any closer to the truth. Why? They have degrees and man made pedigrees stacked from floor to ceiling, but they don't know HIM.

Remember today what he has done for our fathers, and what he has done for us. Know him today, make sure he knows you. If it costs you everything you have, be sure you are "in Christ" so on that day you will not hear those dreadful, agonizing words "away from me you evildoers, I never knew you." My heart breaks to the point of tears. You are dearly loved, keep the faith.

grace and peace