Monday, April 13, 2015

Overwhelming: The Way He Likes It

I was thinking our situation recently and it occurred to me just how overwhelming the odds are against us.  Think about it:

Chemtrails-kill us
Genetically modified foods-kill us
vaccines -kill us or severely disable us (see Bill Gates comments on population control)
The legal systems of this world-corrupt
the governments of the world, all of them-corrupt
The media-corrupt
The natural world- is dieing (dead birds, fish, plants, you name it, volcano, earthquake, drought, famine, etc)
Economic systems-collapsing from corruption
social fabric-disintegrating through self interest/lack of love

If I missed anything ^^ fill in the blank for me.

So, basically everything that can go wrong is going wrong.  And, ironically enough it is situations like this where I'm not sure I can say the Lord likes it, but He certainly chooses these kinds of situations to shine.  Examples?

Israel backed up against the Red Sea with Pharaoh bearing down on them with no obvious escape route.

Gideon-Judges 7:2 The LORD said to Gideon, "You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands, or Israel would boast against me, 'My own strength has saved me.'


In other words the Lord wanted to make sure they knew who was doing the heavy lifting here.  He told them to leave almost all their men behind too ensure the situation was impossible enough to prove the Lord's point.

David living in caves hiding for his life fleeing from Saul

Lazarus: John 11

1Now a man named Lazarus was sick. He was from Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha. 2(This Mary, whose brother Lazarus now lay sick, was the same one who poured perfume on the Lord and wiped his feet with her hair.) 3So the sisters sent word to Jesus, “Lord, the one you love is sick.”
4When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.” 5Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6So when he heard that Lazarus was sick, he stayed where he was two more days, 7and then he said to his disciples, “Let us go back to Judea.”
8“But Rabbi,” they said, “a short while ago the Jews there tried to stone you, and yet you are going back?”
9Jesus answered, “Are there not twelve hours of daylight? Anyone who walks in the daytime will not stumble, for they see by this world’s light. 10It is when a person walks at night that they stumble, for they have no light.”
11After he had said this, he went on to tell them, “Our friend Lazarus has fallen asleep; but I am going there to wake him up.”
12His disciples replied, “Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better.” 13Jesus had been speaking of his death, but his disciples thought he meant natural sleep.
14So then he told them plainly, “Lazarus is dead, 15and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him.”

Now really think about this one.  What does the Lord tell us?

1.  The Lord really loved Martha, her sister and Lazarus
2.  So when He heard Lazarus was sick He delayed two more days?

You read in correctly.   The Lord loved them, so He delayed to make the situation worse/impossible, THEN He headed to Lazarus.

So getting back to where we started with that nice no so little list I started at the top.  Things are looking (pleasantly?) impossible for us these days.  Just how the Lord seems to like it. 

Why?  The answer appears to be twofold.  First, to display His power on our behalf.  Second, to test our faith. 

Understandably, we do not enjoy these situations as much as He does.  I think enjoy might be an overstatement.  These situations are necessary.  We absolutely do not like them, but we need them.

What do we believe when our faith is pressed back against the wall?  Thats what days like today are designed to test.  All of us are being tested.

This brother has had his faith tested in the past, literally pressed back against a wall and what did he decide?  Where else do I have to turn?  There is no where else, and for me that makes things infinitely easier.  Who else has been the God of my life?  There has been no other.  Who else has shown me mercy, and kindness, and comforted me when there was no human there to do it?  I know of only one.  The Lord God of Heaven, our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Whatever it is that comes our way, we face it down with the Lord our God.  Thats it.  There is no plan B, there is no other option.  I certainly cannot squirm my way out of the impossible situation we masses of humanity find ourselves in.  If there is an answer (and there always is :P) it is in Christ and through Christ and that is it.  I and you do not have to figure it out.  We trust our God and He will figure it out.  I am not strong enough or smart enough to do what needs to be done in the days ahead but our God is and He lives in us.  Glory to God.

Keep the faith and watch what the Lord will do.

grace and peace