Saturday, April 04, 2015

Peter Asked The Critical Question

John 6:60Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 61When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said to them, Does this offend you? 62What and if you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63It is the spirit that vivifies; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak to you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65And he said, Therefore said I to you, that no man can come to me, except it were given to him of my Father.

66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. 67Then said Jesus to the twelve, Will you also go away? 68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? you have the words of eternal life. 69And we believe and are sure that you are that Christ, the Son of the living God.

There is power in unity of mind, that is to say an undivided mind.  The enemy will make war against us in our mind but here is where Peter's confession comes in.  Where else are we to go?  Who else is offering me answers to my requests?  Who else is offering me miracle power?  Who else has loved me more than I loved myself?  Who else has watched over me, protected me and provided for me for years on end?  There is no one else, there is no where else to turn.  I have one source, one God, one place to receive everything.

Peter said it correctly.  There is no where else to look and no place else to go.  I have all of my eggs in one basket, all of my hope in one God who is the only God.  And He has not disappointed me.

Isaiah 45:5I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
6so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other.
7I form the light and create darkness,
I bring prosperity and create disaster;
I, the Lord, do all these things.

James 1:6But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

The battle lines have been drawn and the spiritual war around us heats up every day.  It is time to set our minds right.  We have one source for everything we need and that is the only source we need.
United we stand, divided we fall.  The enemy tries to divide and conquer do not allow it.

In the end, we win this war.  We will win it united in heart, mind and spirit.  Glory to God.

grace and peace