Sunday, March 16, 2014

What Is The Spirit Saying To The Churches?

For years we have tied current events into what is foretold in the Word of God.  Next month is the first blood moon of the lunar tetrad taking place on the Lord's feast days over 2014-2015 and look at what is happening in the world around us.  We are on the brink of world war with Russia.

And yet, at the beginning of this year the Lord's guidance to this servant was:

1. to be a man who walks with God
2. to rest in Him
3. to do whatever good my hands find to do.

While the world goes into turmoil and chaos the Lord directs His servant into peace.  This message is not only for me.  How simple, and comforting and loving and merciful and truly beautiful is this message to us?

The Lord speaks to this servant in many ways, one of which is making things jump off the pages of the Bible.  My heart leaps and my spirit stirs when I read a certain passage that I may have read a hundred times before.  That is the Spirit of the Lord making it real, right now today.  It is the Lord speaking to the church one member at a time.  What message do we have today?

psalm 104.33 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

34My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.

35Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.

What is the purpose of life?  Why are we here?  What is the Lord's plan for me?  It is all wrapped up in this.  Each of us in an eternal relationship with the Creator.  That's it.  All this drama in our lives is a backdrop, a minor chapter in the pages of eternity.  This story is a love story of the Creator and His creation loving Him back.  That's it.  Us and the Lord throughout eternity, in a loving relationship.  Not very complex.

We don't have to figure out what is going on with the world, we have to love Him.  We don't have to predict or worry, or fret, we have to trust Him.  He is our source, our provision, our protection, our everything.  In Him and through Him all our needs and desires will be met.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Psalm 31:19
Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear theewhich thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

Love Him, trust Him, walk with Him.  Tune the world out.  This is what this servant hears the Spirit saying today.

grace and peace