Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Rapture Alert




We know that the bible says "no man knows the day or hour" that Christ will return. Have you ever seen the Dept of Homeland Security Terror alert system? Here's a picture of it:

Notice that none of the levels tells you absolutely that there will be an attack, they are just levels of probability. Right now, if this chart was a rapture alert system I would put us at a "high" bordering on "severe" rapture watch. Let me start out by saying that I have NOT heard the Lord's voice speak directly to me on this. I have however, seen several indications which lead me to believe that over the near term future we should be especially watchful. Our escape draws near.

Luke 21:36 watch ye, then, in every season, praying that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that are about to come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.'

Those who mock and ignore the commands within Luke 21:36 do so at their own peril.

There are many reasons to believe that the rapture will occur very soon. If you are not familiar with how the Jewish marriage ceremony and Rosh Hashanah relate to the rapture, stop reading this and go read up on those two topics now. This will get you started:

http://www.linkjesus.com/introtrumpets.htm

then read

http://www.linkjesus.com/trumpets.htm

Serious stuff. Guess what? Rosh HaShanah 2008 goes from 9/29 through 10/1. That's 20 days away or so. You'll find out after reading the two pieces above that "no man knows the day or hour" has multiple meanings, all directly relating to the rapture, the feast of trumpets, and the jewish wedding ceremony. I've seen some things over the past months that lead me to believe that starting this feast of trumpets, 20 days from now we go on HIGH to SEVERE rapture watch footing.

You know that we are supposed to be watching. I'm not predicting anything here. I'm saying we should be in a high watchfullness/readiness posture. The bible clearly tells us in multiple places, when Jesus comes back for us, He's expecting to see certain things. If you are'nt watching, if you are'nt ready, you will suffer for it. My entire professional life has revolved around the military. I know what it means to be on a heightened alert. I hope you know what it means. The Lord has not left us completely in the dark. He can hint and give clues to what He's going to do. He loves us and he always warns before he acts.

1 thess 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief

I believe this scripture is about to get personal for many people:

Matt 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? 46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. 48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; 49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; 50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, 51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I can tell you that I plan to be ready and watching, on alert every day for the near term future, starting right now. If you suspect that your Lord and master is about to return any minute, you'd be a fool not to be ready to meet him at the door when he opens it.

The military conducts readiness exercises all the time, to prepare during peacetime for what might happen during wartime. It's still peacetime, but war is just around the corner.

I suspect that something big is going to happen soon.

Let me repeat, the Lord has not appeared to me, given me a dream, or anything else like that. What he might have done is drop some clues. However, as you can read on the first page of this blog, I consider myself to be the least of my brothers, those who believe in the true Jesus, Son of God. So, I plan to step up my prayer life, to pay extra attention to the things that have lasting value, to inquire of the Lord daily what I should be doing with the hours that are left. Remember, this is a train thats coming through one time, once, that's it. No second chances. You can get into heaven after the rapture, sure, but those who convert after seeing the rapture saints depart will pay a terrible price for it. I don't think there will be any more mocking and sneering at pre-trib believers once this world sees large scale disappearances. The world won't call "the disappearances" the rapture of course, they'll call it many other things. It will benefit us to be super vigilant, to be over prepared. The end of the world as you know it draws near. These are the words resonating in my spirit:

WATCH

BE READY

I don't know how else I can say it. grace and peace