Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Preparing For the Future

The Lord gave me a kind of answer recently. I've been asking Him for years now if I should "stock up" on food, guns etc. For the longest time I believe the answer was a big internal "no" except for some basics. Recently I believe the Lord gave me a new answer. Let me preface this by saying I do not in any way believe that I am preparing to survive the time of Jacob's trouble. That said, the metaphor the Lord gave me was "if you were standing in the middle of the road and a bus was heading straight at you, would you wait for the Lord to move you or would you at least attempt to step out of the way first?" It is not faithless to do what the Lord has empowered and led you to do in the face of your current environmental circumstances. I almost felt guilty buying a couple extra cans of beans and rice at the store recently. The huge winter storms affecting the U.S. and Australia right now are examples of why it is wise to have extra food, toilet paper etc. in storage these days. I am not stocking up to survive the tribulation, I see the preparation I am taking the same way I see purchasing weekly supplies to feed my family. I just buy a little extra, in faith that the Lord has approved it and led me to do it. His guidance and approval are the most important things in life on this earth today.

I don't go into my backyard and stare at the ground each week until the Lord makes wheat and corn sprout, I go to the grocery store and buy wheat and corn. The point is, as we look around at our environment that is becoming increasingly hostile (storms, freak weather, earth changes), and the Lord has given us resources to "step out of the way of the bus" by preparing, it is my belief that we should do so. How each person does this preparing should be determined individually by following the Spirit's guidance. We all have radically different circumstances.

This world is heaving and convulsing under the weight of the sin that is upon it. A purging is coming and it will not be pretty. We are now going through the time of "beginning of sorrows." How far into these "sorrows" we are, only the Lord knows. I am certain that there is an escape from the time of Jacob's trouble because the Lord told us there is an escape from ALL and we should pray to be counted worthy of it. Noah escaped all, Lot escaped all, and so will we if we remain faithful.

In addition to doing whatever Spirit led preparation we can do, the most important thing we can do as individuals is to seek the Lord's voice and face daily. The biggest favor you can do for yourself, your family and your community is to hear Words from the true God's own mouth. Not hear me, not hear some hired hand preacher, hear the Lord's voice.... We have been told: Rom 8:14 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God...Some people scoff at the idea that God Almighty speaks to us. "Who do you think you are?" they ask..My response is, "I am a child of the Most High God. That's who I am." As with other things, the Lord does not teach lies or nonsense. If He said we would be led by His Spirit, we will be if we follow.

The more dangerous and fast paced the world around us becomes, the more necessary it is for us to slow down and hear the Lord's voice about each step we take. The Lord speaks to us in many ways. Each of His sheep learn how to recognize His voice:
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

We listen to His voice, and we follow Him. When you know that you know that you know you have heard the Lord's voice regarding your next steps, another remarkable thing happens; all fear is gone. You can take your steps forward in complete confidence knowing the the King of Kings, God of Creation has guided you forward in love. The Lord knows the future backward and forward, front to back and side to side. He is not 'surprised' by anything that is about to happen, He knows it all. When this God is directing your steps, why should you fear? Why should you be afraid?

This world has a "behind the woodshed" moment coming to it that will not be pleasant in any way. But we are not of this world, nor do we receive according to this world. Did Jesus shed His blood for us or not? How are we seen by the Father right now in this moment? Are we seen "in Christ" or not? If we are seen by the Father as being "in Christ" right now, will we receive the judgments that this world is about to receive? No possible way. As it was in the days of Noah and Lot, so shall it be when the Son of Man returns for us. That, my friends, is an indisputable fact....

Seek His face. grace and peace

p.s. One last thing the Lord showed me recently. This world works on cycles. You know, winter, spring, summer, fall, sine waves etc etc. We work on cycles too. If you have not prayed, if you miss days, do not beat yourself up, consider it a down cycle and get back to praying or whatever else it is that you should be doing but you have not for awhile. Point here? Do not give up. Pay attention to the small things and the big things will take care of themselves.