Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Getting Involved" in the Political Process?

I've reminded you of this before: Jesus said our kingdom is not of this world, so what business do christians have "getting involved" in the politics of this world? Many pastors and teachers tell you to "get out and vote." My question is, where exactly in the bible can they point and say "there, Jesus, or Paul or Peter or SOMEBODY said you should "get involved" in politics. They can't point you to anything in the bible even remotely resembling an instruction like that.

I can point you to our involvement in government, here it is, and so called christianity WONT like it:

Prov 21:1
King James BibleThe king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

Whose hand? Your hand? NO..........THE LORD'S HAND. So much for you 'getting involved'...

So you really really really still want to do something to 'change the world for Jesus?' Great, here ya go!


<< 1 Timothy 2 >>King James Bible

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

WOW! I did'nt see ANYTHING IN THERE ABOUT GOING TO A JOHN MCCAIN RALLY? I did'nt see a thing in there about making a donation to Obama's campaign either! I did'nt see A WORD about putting a political poster in my front yard either advocating voting for either one of the devil's sons. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY about your involvement with those who are in authority (or will be in this case)? YOU PRAY FOR THEM, read that again if you did'nt get it the first time, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men, to include your beloved politicians. If you really want to 'make a difference' then the bible says you need to spend the time PRAYING instead of deciding which of the devil's sons will best rule the United States. But it takes faith to use this approach, which is why EVERY PASTOR I've heard on TV uses the worldly approach instead.

Here's some advice to these men. PRIORITIES MATTER, and the number one priority most people should have right now is REPENTANCE. This nation and this world have ALOT to repent of, and it starts with YOU, and ME.

EVERYONE WANTS TO CHANGE THE WORLD, BUT NOBODY WANTS TO CHANGE THEMSELF.

WAKE......................UP

If you want to change the world for Jesus, great..start with yourself. Trust me, working on my life will be a lifelong project for me, I'm not better than you, I am the least of the brothers. DONT SHOOT THE MESSENGER.

grace and peace