Sunday, October 05, 2008

10/5/2008

Yom Kippur in 2008 is on Thursday, the 9th of October.
Note that in the Jewish calander, a holiday begins on the sunset of the previous day, so observing Jews will celebrate Yom Kippur on the sunset of Wednesday, the 8th of October.

I get this nagging feeling that Yom Kippur 2008 isn't going to be a pleasant one. Yom Kippur is known as the "day of atonement." Its a last chance to set things right before your judgement is locked in. Its a time to make things that were wrong, right. I don't think its a bad idea from here on out, to start taking a look at whats going on with these feast days. If the Lord did not command the observance of the feast days as some kind of make work project for the Jews, perhaps theres something in there for us too.

I wish I had more specifics on the Lord's timeline, but I don't. What I have is two warnings to communicate: Come out of the apostate church, and be watching/be ready, because time is short. What does "time is short" mean? Well, I don't know. This message is in the bible, its not something new. My job is to remind you (and myself) of what has already been written. I've been saying "time is short" for over 2 years now, and guess what? Time is shorter than ever. Don't take my word for it, look around. I think time is really short for the true church on earth today, but time might even be shorter for any of us as individuals. People die every day, nobody guaranteed us tomorrow.

I expect that this country has some really bad news in store for it in the days to come. With that in mind, lets make today a day for soldiering. Today is a day for enduring hardship, for moving our Lord's kingdom forward in any small way that we can, while we still can. Keep the faith, BE WATCHING, be ready. One of your goals should be: to be found watching and ready on the day that Jesus shows up. I have no idea, no clue what day thats going to be, but it could be today. Remember the escape that was promised and pray to be counted worthy of it. To all of you who are in Christ, love, grace and peace